If you read this blog regularly, you know I’m a positive fella who likes finding the good in everything. So before we dig into SDSU’s 42-24 loss at South Alabama – a nobody Sun Belt team that is now officially our daddy – let’s look for silver linings! Hey, I just thought of a few:
- It only gets easier from here as there are no invincible Sun Belt titans left on the schedule.
- We can officially stop giving a crap about how Cal or Houston or Western Michigan do.
- SDSU probably wasn’t going to a New Year’s Six bowl no matter what.
- I like listening to The Smiths in the dark, and I’m now inspired to do so.
- That No. 19 ranking made us look like conceited braggarts.
- Last time the Aztecs were ranked, it lasted only one week before they lost to a garbage team. Thanks to a bye, this year’s ranking lasted three calendar weeks!
- The Big 12 wasn’t watching anyway.
- You’ll have plenty of space to toss around the old pigskin in the Qualcomm parking lot on Saturday. Lotsa elbow room, yessir.
- Grim death stalks us all, and looms closer than you think.
SEE! It really wasn’t so bad! Oh god no
Continue reading “Why can’t we have nice things?”